Intex pool pumps are among the best and reasonably-priced pumps in the market. All the models of the Intex pool pumps feature a motor, a filter pump, and their accompanying accessories. But, many owners of swimming pools have some difficulty in grasping the concept of maintaining and taking care of their pool pumps.
The pump is the main component of a pool pump. It ensures the water in the pool remains clean and prevents it from getting contaminated. But, owners of swimming pool are encountering difficulties in maintaining the cleanliness of their pools since they have little knowledge about their pumps even though everything can be found on the owner’s manual. Intex pool pumps are user-friendly since they have all the necessary instructions, which make them easy to put together.
It is important for you to ensure you get all the necessary updates if you have an Intex pool pump, which is considered as the best in the market today. You can learn more about proper maintenance for your pump if you follow us. We can also provide tips on saving as well as other notable tips. You can benefit from all the reviews we offer for pool pumps.
How to Choose the Best INTEX Pool Pump?
We are not only referring to the quality of the pump when we say the best since it is also associated with performance, cost-effectiveness, access to components, and other features of the pool pump.
The products offered by Intex are heavy-duty, dependable, and reasonably-priced. They are also aimed at ensuring comfort and safety for the owners. The following are the steps in selecting the best model of Intex Pool Pump that you can purchase for an above-ground swimming pool:
STEP 1 – It is important for you to have an idea of the size or power output of your pool pump. As a rule of thumb, an above-ground swimming pool with a 24-foot diameter uses a 1-HP pool pump while above-ground swimming pools with a diameter of more than 24 feet should use a 1.5-HP pool pump.
Intex does not recommend using pool pumps with a power output of more than 1.5 HP for many above-ground pools since it is not necessary. You can have huge savings, in terms of components and maintenance, if you select the most appropriate power output for your pool. When you use a pool pump with a high power output, the water will be pushed too fast into the filter, which will put pool hygiene at risk.
STEP 2 – Intex recommends using a filter system that features a suitable power output. But, if it is necessary to find a non-Intex pool pump replacement rather than the filter or you aim to upgrade, you can follow the preceding step.
A pump for above-ground pools is typically positioned under the water line of a swimming pool, which is lower the bottom of the swimming pool. It is important to check if you are purchasing a pump classified for above-ground pools rather than in-ground pools if you want to replace your pool pump.
STEP 3 – Above ground swimming pools normally use a single speed pump that runs in one speed the whole time. This is true in the past and up to today. Developments in technology and calls for cost-effective and environment-friendly pumps among owners of swimming pools pushed Intex to make innovations on their products.
Intex started to design products featuring motors running on variable speeds in the past few years. Advanced operations can be facilitated with the use of variable-speed pool pumps. These types of pumps can run at low, medium and high speeds.
At these speeds, pumps can run advanced operations, including vacuuming, backwashing, recirculation, regenerating, and rinsing, among others. The water of swimming pools becomes clearer due to these operations. They also made the water more hygienic. Variable-speed pool pumps are more cost-effective compared to single-speed pool pumps.
STEP 4 – It is also important for you to be aware of all the replacement components you have to store, including lubricants, gaskets, and O-rings. The filtering systems of Intex products range from simple ones to advanced systems, like sand filters and fine mesh cartridges, among others.
Intex also ensures all components for their products are always available. You can readily order any of the replacement parts for your Intex pool pump.
BEST INTEX POOL PUMP
1. Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI
These types of Intex above-ground pool pumps with a voltage rating of 110v to 120 V use a dependable cartridge filter that requires minimal maintenance. While cartridge replacement can be done once every two weeks, it can be cleaned and reused if it is not damaged. The only component of this 2,500 GPH or 42 GPM pool pump that requires occasional maintenance is its Type B filter cartridge.
The pump is dependable and user-friendly. It is also not difficult to clean since debris can be removed through the valve positioned at the bottom of its filter chamber. The filter chamber features an automatic release valve that can be used to remove trapped air, which is necessary to prevent overpressure issues. Since the pump system is lightweight or it weighs less than 23 lbs, it is easy to transfer from one location to another.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
- Universal Pool Pump – these types of pumps can be used on any above-ground pool pumps of Intex with a diameter of less than 25 feet.
- GCFI-Equipped – these pumps feature a Ground Circuit Fault Interceptor or a GCFI, which is essentially a circuit breaker that immediately stops the flow of electricity when it detects irregularities in the current to prevent electrocution. It is a dependable safety device.
- Limitations – these types of pumps are not suitable for swimming pools with frames that are not made of metal.
The Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump of Intex is a notable and cost-effective device. It is easy to use, universal, and requires minimal maintenance. Due to this, it is an ideal above-ground swimming pool pump. It is also among the most dependable pumps in the market today.[aff=B005QIYMNM]
2. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump features an average flow rate of 2,450 GPH or 41 GPM is suitable for above-ground swimming pools. The maximum flow rate of this type of pump is at 3,000 GPH.
This pool pump with a voltage rating of 110V to 120V comes with a number of safety features, including a Ground Circuit Fault Interrupter or GCFI. Due to this, the circuit breaker will automatically shut off the system when it detects irregularities in current flow, which prevents unfortunate accidents.
Sand is considered to enhance the effectiveness of the filtration system when compared to other mediums. Aside from stimulating the water of the pool, sand also softens the water and removes algae from it. Due to this, it restores the water and makes it more hygienic. There are six control modes of this pump system. It can filter, backwash, and rinse the system. It also facilitates recirculation, drains and closes the system. The system automatically goes through these modes in that order. The power output of this pool pump is at 0.95 HP.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
- Equipped with a 24-hour timer – the 24-hour timer of the system allows owners to set a schedule for the operation of the pump.
- Minimal maintenance – the filter of the system only requires replacement after five years, which makes it better compared to other mediums.
- Universal and flexible – these pump systems can be used for swimming pools with a diameter of at least 16 feet.
- Heavy – one main disadvantage of this pump is its weight, which is heavier compared to other types of pumps due to the weight of the sand.
The Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump of Intex is notable and outstanding pool pump that requires minimal maintenance while offering excellent performance. It is also dependable and its safety features makes it a reliable pump for your swimming pool.[aff=B00GSPHS7E]
3. Intex 28681EG 120V 16-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System with GFCI for Pools
The Sand Filter and Saltwater System of Intex is a 120V pool pump featuring a tank with a 16-inch diameter. The tank is capable of storing up to 100 lb of sand. The saltwater system of the pump also enhances its capability of ensuring clear and immaculately clean pool water.
The flow rate of the saltwater system is at 2,200 GPH or 36.6 GPM. On the other hand, the sand filter pump is capable of releasing or extracting water at a rate of 2,650 GPH or 44 GPM. The circuit breaker of the system features a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter or GFCI that is capable of stopping current flow into the system whenever emergencies occur.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
- Uses salt instead of chlorine – the salt on the system can make the water more hygienic compared to chlorine without any harmful effects on humans. It is also user-friendly and cost-effective to use. The use of chlorinated water may also have some adverse effects on some people.
- Saltwater is perfect for piping – Aside from making water softer without any harmful effect on health, the use of salt does not corrode metal piping as compared to chlorine. Due to this, the piping system is not compromised and allowing it to last longer.
- Limitations – these pumps are suitable for pools with a maximum water capacity of 15,000 gallons.
The Krystal Clear 120V Sand Filter Pump and Saltwater System of Intex may not be the cheapest model in the market, but it can prove to be a good investment in the long run since it reduces maintenance costs while ensuring the pool water is hygienic. The cost-effectiveness of the system is further highlighted by its safety features and user-friendliness.[aff=B00GSPHS6A]
4. Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 1500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI
This cartridge filtered pool pump of Intex featuring a water flow rate of 1500 GPH or 25 GPM with a voltage rating of 110 V to 120 V is ideal for above-ground swimming pools. While the water flow rate is not fast, it is specifically designed to do this. It is slow but features a solid filtering system.
The auto timer of the pool pump facilitates a 12-hour pump operation. The Type A/C cartridge of the pump is the only component that requires maintenance and it needs to be replaced once every two weeks. The pump has a slim design, which does not take up space. It is also economical to use.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
- Minimal noise – the impeller and motor bearings of the pump are well-lubricated and do not have the tendency to dry up. Due to this, the pump produces minimal noise and runs with minimal effort.
- Double insulation feature – Aside from the minimal noise it produces, the pump also features double insulation to protect the water inside the chamber from freezing during cold weather. The water is kept warm by the double insulation when it is not used.
- Not suitable for fast operations – these types of pumps are not designed for fast operations since they were intended to ensure the pool water is properly filtered and cleaned.
The Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump of Intex for Above-Ground Swimming Pools with a flow rate of 1,500 GPH is an economical, movable, and durable pump for above-ground swimming pools. They require minimal maintenance and are designed for cold weather due to their double insulation feature. This pool pump is ideal for new owners of swimming pools.[aff=B005QIYM6E]
You may be wondering which pool pump is the best one for you to purchase. Well, the Krystal Clear 120V Sand Filter Pump and Saltwater system of Intex is the most ideal pool pump in the market due to its all-natural water treatment and filtering system. It does not require the use of chemicals, like chlorine, to ensure the pool water is hygienic and immaculately clean.